Monday 9 July 2012

Monday Makes- Knitting Needle Bracelet

Hey :)



So it's another Monday and a little something for you all to do in your free time!
This one is for all your lonely knitting needles out there, any orphans or extras you might have, collect them and do this little tutorial!

What you'll need:

a selection of knitting needles, plastic or metal
a glass a little smaller than you want your bangle to be
some oven gloves

1. Separate your plastic needles from your metal needles and place your plastic ones in a pan of boiling water for about 20 mins (depending on their size- you just want them flexible) and your metal ones in a preheated oven at about 140C for the same time
2. When the plastic needles are flexible remove them one at a time from the water and wrap them CAREFULLY around a glass. After they have been out the water for a moment they begin to cool and can be touched with your bare fingers. Do the same with the metal ones but these DO NOT cool down quickly at all so make sure you keep heat proof gloves on at all times!
3. When the shape is formed slide the bracelet off the glass carefully and put a clip on them to make sure they keep shape. Put them on a heat proof surface to cool completely then remove the clips and you're finished!










26 comments:

  1. what! so cool! youre so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! I'll definitely try it. I sense I may burn my fingers though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love this! Thanks for sharing Jess :)

    xoxo
    Janee
    www.yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVEEEE this like holy cow, I'm so excited to try and make some of these!
    Thanks for sharing this Jess!

    much love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - best idea I have seen in a long while. THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore ladies who do amazing DIYs. you are so gifted!

    Natasha
    http://picablocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I've always wanted a bracelet like that, but I couldn't bear to part with any of my nicer needles! Great for strays though!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the coolest project I have seen. I love it!. I am your newest follower.
    Carlee

    http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely love this! what a fun project! you are adorable, girl!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. They look great!

    Beautiful blog!

    Catherine (your newest follower)
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just so fancy and creative I can't even believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! I have so many needles, I'm sure I can sacrifice a couple!! Just one question.. What type of clip did you use? A paper clip, hair clip? Thanks for the great DIY!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried to do this with some metal needles, but could not get them hot enough to bend. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these cute DIY projects! This one actually looks totally do-able, too!
    ...............................................
    Bracelets For Women

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a lovely idea!! I simply must try this out. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your blog. I love the design and your lovely posts. I am definitely going to be following you on Bloglovin and GFC. Happy Friday! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great! I love it! Good idea! Kisses from Argentina! I'm Lau and my blog bulubu.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun thing to do with odd needles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. was looking so dam cute absolutely love this! what a fun project! you are adorable, girl! :) cheap wristbands thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heated my aluminum needle for 40 min at 300 degrees and could not bend it. 300 degrees is more than 140 degrees C. Will have to try another way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heated my aluminum needle for 40 min at 300 degrees and could not bend it. 300 degrees is more than 140 degrees C. Will have to try another way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear, your own blog description is definitely much informative. Actually, my spouse and i have seen many posts related to mens fashion bracelets but no one proves to possibly be ones best. But ones company gives me your opportunity to make the wedding ring on the firm. we really enjoyed the service.

    ReplyDelete
  23. great idea but I have never seen knitting needles in colors such as this

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are the absolute cutest! Cannot wait to make them. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments :) I'll always reply to your messages as quickly as I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...